Thursday, December 11, 2008

Obama Throws Blagojevich Under the Bus

As I predicted, it did not take President Elect Barack Obama long to throw Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich under the bus. In a press conference today, Obama said, “"I do not think that the governor at this point can effectively serve the people of Illinois. The legislature is going down to Springfield to make a determination as to how to resolve this issue. I think they’re going to the same conclusion. I hope that the governor himself comes to the conclusion that he can no longer effectively serve and that he does resign."

Of course, Obama stressed, “Our office had no involvement in any deal-making around my Senate seat. That I’m absolutely certain of.” David Sanders of the Arkansas News Bureau tips me via twitter of the Illinois Governor’s newsletter (source for the picture) congratulating Obama on his Presidential victory and discussing the steps Gov. Blagojevich will take in filling his Senate vacancy. I suppose Gov. Blagojevich forgot to put the EBay address in the article.

No comments: