Monday, November 24, 2008

Video: Gov. Beebe signs Bi-state Clean Water Agreement


Gov. Mike Beebe signed a clean water agreement today with Missouri Governor Matt Blout. Gov. Beebe spoke from Uncle Buck's Auditorium at Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO. He started of by joking about staff member Andrew Parker stealing credit cards so that he could run up charges at Bass Pro Shops. Ah, credit card theft, that is one joke that never gets old.

He goes on to discuss how important it is for states to work together “to leave this place better than we found it” by working to keep our water clean. Then, a cell phone (maybe his, I don’t know) started ringing, and I sort of got distracted. Oh, yeah, then he starts talking about clean water again and that that having clean water is important for the future of both Arkansas and Missouri, blah, blah, blah. I know this story is even boring me as I am posting. But it is a very slow news day and I did find the above video, which is pretty cool I guess. Nothing compared to Alaska Governor Sarah Palin’s Turkey slaughterhouse interview, but hey I will take what I can get.

No comments: