Monday, November 24, 2008

Governor’s Press Secretary: “No Turkey Pardons are Scheduled”

By now, I am sure most of you have seen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin being interviewing after pardoning a turkey in a video in which turkeys were being bloody slaughtered in the background. Taking note of this, as part of the Tolbert Report’s tireless effort to bring new and exciting original videos to my blog readers, I anxiously awaited Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe’s Thanksgiving week schedule. But to my disappointment, Gov. Beebe does not have turkey pardoning on this week’s schedule.

In a last ditch effort to not only find such an outstanding video of our own Arkansas governor but also save the life of at least one poor turkey, I asked Gov. Beebe’s Press Secretary Matt DeCample if any turkey pardons were scheduled. Much to my (and I am sure your) disappointment, DeCample said, “I can assure you, no turkey pardons are scheduled.” In addressing, the now famous Palin video, he told me “Backgrounds count.” How true. And now countless birds around the nation will have to miss out of the traditional governor’s pardon all because Gov. Palin was careless enough to not take that piece of advice to heart.

No comments: