Monday, October 20, 2008

Saline County Debates: Four Debates in Four Days!

It is debate season in Saline County. It kicked off Saturday night with “Picnics & Politics” sponsored by MySaline.com. I was not able to attend because I had to cook chili for a School Sunday chili cook-off (which I won, by the way) but Today’s THV has a brief story on it. It sounds like it went well. Here is some video of this forum.

Ann Clemmer, Republican Candidate for District 29


Scott Smith, Democrat Candidate for District 29


David McCoy, Republican Candidate for District 28


Barbara Nix, Democrat Candidate for District 28 (Note: I could be wrong here but it sounds like she is supporting the lottery.)


Sunday night was the second debate with three-hour forum sponsored by local public channel 12. This one invited all the candidates in the county, which is around 80 although only around 20 showed up, and was a town hall style forum. It was interesting but stretched out for around three and half hours. But, fret not, the tireless work of “The Tolbert Report” stayed for the entire program so that you, my loyal readers can see the highlights here.


Ann Clemmer, Republican Candidate for District 29


Scott Smith, Democrat Candidate for District 29


David McCoy, Republican Candidate for District 28


Barbara Nix, Democrat Candidate for District 28


Last night and tonight is a two-part debate sponsored by the Benton Courier and local cable channel TV-95, with state representative, sheriff, and judicial candidates on Monday and city council candidates on Tuesday. I don’t have any video from last night as I had my four-year son with me so I was holding him and our popcorn instead of a camear but the night was about the same as the above video.

No comments: