Thursday, October 2, 2008

"40 Days for Life" Attacked in Fayetteville

Last week, I wrote about a peaceful pro-life demonstration taking place in Arkansas called “40 Days for Life.” This is a peaceful prayer movement for an end to abortion and includes prayer vigils at the abortion clinics in Little Rock, Fayetteville, and Jonesboro. It seems not everyone is pleased with this demonstration. The Northwest Arkansas Times is reporting that a Fayetteville man, James Bryant Shireman, wanted to show to the demonstrators at the Fayetteville abortion clinic “what he thought of them” by taking his suburban over the curb and nearly running them over. Shireman was arrested and is facing felony charges, and I have renewed my determination to be a part of “40 Days for Life.” I pray that you will join me.

No comments: