Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome Home, Gov. Huckabee

Tonight, I attended the Welcome Home, Gov. Huckabee Fundraiser for the Republican Arkansas Victory 08 Fund. The event was held out the Clear Channel Metroplex in Little Rock, which I still call the “Old Sam’s.” The event began with spaghetti dinner catered from Bruno’s Little Italy. I would estimate that there were around 250 people in attendance. I have been to several Republican events this year but this was the first one, which I got to bring my wife and son. My four year old son was very excited about meeting Mike Huckabee and hearing his band.

Former State Senator Doyle Webb, chairman of Victory ’08, kicked things off as we began with prayer and the pledge of allegiance. I have learned that all the Arkansas Republican events begin this way, and I really like it. Webb then introduced the candidates for State Representative and State Senate who were in attendance, included Saline County’s own Rep. Dan Greenberg, Ann Clemmer, and David McCoy. Then, Webb introduced the main event, Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Gov. Huckabee gave a short ten minute speech which I will post below. I apologize for the camera work but you can hear the speech fairly well. The excited four year is, of course, my son. It was a fun night!


No comments: