Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gov. Huckabee (sort of) confirms he is not the VP

This evening Mike Huckabee posted an entry of his HuckPAC blog to let his supporters know that he is not on his way to Dayton, Ohio as some media has reported and that Sen. McCain has not contacted him.
There are reports that I’m on my way to Dayton tonight. Not true.
Wasn’t invited to be there and any reports that I’m going to be there are
a big surprise to me. I have never been contacted by the McCain campaign
at any point about the VP slot. I have never been asked for any
information, background, etc., so as I have said repeatedly in interviews, I
didn’t consider myself to be under any consideration. I think people
thought I was being coy and just not talking, but I have built my political life
on trying to shoot straight and tell it as it is and as I see it. I have
been honest in telling you that I had no reason to believe I was ever seriously
considered or “vetted” for the ticket. That’s why I have continued with
HuckPAC because I have felt that we (me and you) shouldn’t give up, but rather
gear up and help good pro-life, conservative people to office across the nation.

No comments: